Her sweet "misconception" of me made think about this blog and how I generally choose to only post positive stories and share pictures of myself when I am looking somewhat put together. After all, this is an ongoing narrative of my children's lives and one day, when they read it, I hope they will remember an idyllic childhood filled with family traditions, fun outings, and lots of love.
But let's get real! Things are not always idyllic and so I thought it might be fun to come clean with some confessions and give you a glimpse of the "real" me!
- I take Noah to school wearing my PJ's. If I ever have to get out of the car, I will be wearing PJ's that will likely have holes and missing buttons!
- We eat at McDonald's and Wendy's far more often than I care to admit.
- On Sunday mornings, we often take 2 cars to church. Vance goes early to save us a good seat because I can't seem to figure out how to get 3 children AND myself dressed up and get to church early (or on time)!
- I complain a lot.
- I don't recycle.
- I can hold a grudge for much too long.
- I don't follow a schedule; which translates to lots of chaos.
- I have never made a cake. Never. Not even a box mix!
- Prior to getting pregnant with #4 this summer, I weighed at least 15 pounds more than I did before I got pregnant with Noah.
- I still struggle with acne. In fact, I have a massive zit on my chin right now :)
- I despise the kitchen and everything that is associated with it... cooking, grocery shopping, cleaning up the messes, cabinet clutter, pantry chaos, and constant crumbs on the floor!
- On issues of morality, I only see things in black and white. No gray areas.
- I don't take a shower every day!
- I have not regularly exercised since before Noah was born.
- I raise my voice and lose my patience with my children much too often.
- I rarely make my bed.
- I have a terrible tardiness habit.
- I don't play with my kids as often as I would like.
- I get resentful that my husband has to work so often; instead of being grateful he has a good, secure job.
- I am downright terrified of my children or my husband getting a terrible disease or being victim in a terrible accident.
- I can count on one hand the number of nutritious, home cooked meals I've made in the past few months. Yes, I said months!
- I often treat the people I love the most the worst.
- I allow my children to watch TV and movies. Often.
- I am not an optimist and concentrate on the negative much too often.
- I don't put my faith and my relationship with God first... it often falls into the few "when I have time" categories of my life.
And those are just a few of my confessions!
So please don't ever think that I have it "all together" or have a "perfect family". We are far from perfect... most especially me!
Does anyone else have any confessions? Indulge me :)