I say it a lot because that's how most days feel to me.
But not today!
As I was washing the dishes tonight, thinking of all the things I still needed to do tonight, I found myself feeling kind of proud of all that I had done today.
Today was a good day.
So I thought I'd document it.
I'm giving myself a pat on the back today because I did all of this...
- Showered and put make up on BEFORE taking Emily to her first day of Pre-K this morning.
- Assembled a last minute teacher gift in the 30 minutes prior to having to leave to take Emily to school.
- Made ALL of the beds!
- Vacuumed the upstairs and mopped part of the wood floors to remove the mud spots.
- Wrote and posted a blog post, complete with pictures, in one quick sitting (before this one!)
- Threw dinner together when I had nothing planned instead of going out. That's major for me people. I am not one of those "oh, I just threw something together and used up what I had in the fridge" kind of people. But today, I was!
- Read multiple books to several small girls.
- Played puzzles with Molly and worked on teaching her colors.
- Finished a project for my high school reunion.
- Had a good idea!
WroteThought about writing thank you notes.
- Unloaded the dishwasher after the dinner dishes had ran through it. This is such a bonus for me! I really loathe unloading the dishwasher and when it is the very first thing I have to do in the morning, it kind of makes me a little grouchier than I already am!
- Did one load of laundry.
AND folded it!OK, just did one load of laundry. It's still sitting in the dryer.
- Did something I haven't done in many, many years... exercised! I purchased a workout DVD 4 months ago and finally did it for the first time last night. It was brutal. And I followed the "program" by taking measurements of myself AND took a "before picture" of myself it "form fitting clothes". Talk about pure awfulness. Just.plain. awful! But it will probably motivate me to put the DVD in again tomorrow!
- Took my vitamins. ALL of them!
- Didn't eat Orange Leaf... OR a cookie from Kwik Shop!
- Didn't cry or yell or lose my patience. Not one single time!
So today was a good day.
So good, that I think I'll go for the get up early, shower, put on make up, make the beds, exercise and take vitamins kind of day again tomorrow!